KDT has made the following changes in response to the pandemic:
- KDT’s office and studio locations have closed until further notice. All employees are working remotely and all classes have moved online via Zoom.
- We have made the difficult decision to cancel our upcoming performance of Black Candle, which was scheduled to take place at the Cowles Center for Dance and the Performing Arts in May.
- Our tour stop to St. Cloud has been canceled due to Paramount Center for the Arts’ decision to postpone all scheduled events through May. We hope to reschedule this performance as soon as possible.
- We have decided to postpone Sadhana, our annual school showcase. The performance will take place this Fall on a date TBA.
- Throughout May, we are offering a Virtual Benefit Concert Series in support of our programming. We created the event with the intention to bring the KDT community together to bond over a shared love of the arts. For one week, a benefit version of one of our recorded performances will stream on Vimeo. Donations are optional but encouraged.
- May 14 and 16, we will be offering free introductory Kathak workshops on Zoom. Each workshop is 30 minutes long, and is meant to give new beginners a taste of our class offerings.
This post will continue to be updated as the situation evolves. To our beloved community members, thank you so much for your continued support of KDT in these uncertain times!