The following is a detailed list of measures that Katha Dance Theatre will be following to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the event that in-person classes resume. Please note that this is a continually evolving situation and KDT will be following best practices set by the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health, which may change at any moment. Any changes to this policy will be communicated with students via email.
- All students (or parents/guardians of those under 18) will be required to agree to the following code of conduct and sign this waiver.
- All students, teachers and staff will be required to wear a mask in the studio at all times.
- Students will be asked to stay at least 6 feet (preferably 8-10 feet) away from each other at all times, and each dancer will stay within their designated dance area during class.
- No parents or other observers will be allowed in the studio in order to limit the potential for exposure.
- Students are asked to bring their own water bottle, as they will not have access to a water fountain.
- Older students may be asked to help disinfect their area between classes, but the studio will be thoroughly sanitized by staff before and after each class.
- Class size will be limited based on the age of students and classroom space. Teachers will be in direct communication with their students about class numbers.
- No cash tuition payments will be accepted at this time–– online payments or checks (mailed to our office) only
- Students are asked to arrive no more than 10 minutes before class and leave within 10 minutes of class ending––only take as much time as you need to put on and take off your ghungru.
- In the event a student or teacher is required to self-quarantine because of symptoms, exposure to COVID, or otherwise determined based on their own judgment or that of a medical professional to self-quarantine, the said student or teacher shall notify Mukta Sathe, School Manager at (612) 345-0564 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If KDT is forced to shutdown in-person classes due to COVID-19, classes will be moved to a virtual format until further notice.
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns!