The following is a detailed list of measures that Katha Dance Theatre is taking to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 now that in-person classes have resumed. Please note that KDT will be following best practices set by the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health, which may change at any moment. Any changes to this policy will be communicated to students via email.
- All students (or parents/guardians of those under 18) will be required to agree to the following code of conduct and sign this waiver.
- All students, teachers and staff will be required to wear a mask in the studio at all times.
- All eligible students who will be attending classes in-studio must provide proof of vaccination upon registration.
- Students will be asked to stay at least 6 feet away from each other at all times, and each dancer will stay within their designated dance area during class.
- No parents or other observers will be allowed in the studio in order to limit the potential for exposure.
- Students are asked to bring their own water bottle, as they will not have access to a water fountain.
- Class size will be limited based on the age of students and classroom space. Teachers will be in direct communication with their students about class numbers.
- No cash tuition payments will be accepted at this time––online payments or checks (mailed to our office) only
- Students are asked to arrive no more than 10 minutes before class and leave within 10 minutes of class ending––only take as much time as you need to put on and take off your ghungru.
- In the event that a student or teacher tests positive for COVID-19, is exposed to someone with COVID-19, or otherwise determines based on their own judgment or that of a medical professional to self-quarantine, that student or teacher shall notify Mukta Sathe, School Manager at (612) 345-0564 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is any chance that the student or teacher in question exposed the rest of their class to the virus, the entire class will then learn from home for two weeks before returning to the studio.
- If KDT is forced to shut down all in-person activities due to the rising threat of COVID-19, classes will be moved to a virtual format until further notice.
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns!